What to visit on the peninsula of Crozon ?
Take advantage of our campsite in Crozon to visit the town, the peninsula and its surroundings!
Crozon is located at the western end of Brittany, in the center of Finistère, opposite Brest. It is surrounded by the sea on three sides: to the north by the roadstead of Brest, to the west by the Iroise Sea and to the south by the bay of Douarnenez.
Surrounded by the sea, the peninsula of Crozon is especially appreciated for :
- The richness of its landscape and its remarkable natural sites: Cape Goat, the tip of Pen-Hir, the tip of Toulinguet, the tip of the Spaniards, the castle of Dinan, the peninsula of Roscanvel and the lime kiln of Rozan near the beach of Aber;
- Its 16 beaches where all nautical activities are practiced, including surfing;
- The GR34 and its 120 kilometers on the coast ; Prepare your itinerant hike on the Sentier des Douaniers in Brittany, the GR 34, in a few clicks thanks to the practical information available on https://www.itirando.bzh . You will find all the information you need to organize your trip.
- Many paths to practice mountain biking around the campsite, surrounded by beautiful landscapes;
- The Belvedere of Landévennec with its superb view on the cemetery of boats;
- L’île Vierge, with its lighthouses and beach voted 14ᵉ of the most beautiful beaches in the world in 2014 by the English newspaper “The Guardian” (it is possible to see it, but no longer to go there, its access having been forbidden for risks related to its narrow paths and the risk of rockslides).
The Presqu’île de Crozon attracts us all for different reasons.
The house of old trades, located in Argol, will allow you to discover or rediscover through animated workshops how some trades were practiced today disappeared.
Want to taste fresh local products, find in Crozon the farm of Keralait labeled organic farming.
Its historical heritage: forts, dolmens
You can also visit the Vauban Tower, one of the best restored forts at sea which was built in 1696, a dive in Crozon in the heart of history! Near the tower, enjoy the superb Notre Dame de Rocamadour chapel.
The Islet of the Capuchins, a rocky islet that has long defended the entrance to the Brest Narrows, is also a magnificent piece of history to contemplate.
Enjoy also the Abbey of Landevennec, one of the oldest in Brittany, whose remains are classified as historical monuments.
History is everywhere in Crozon as shown by the megalithic alignments of Lagatjar, the lime kiln on the aber of Crozon or the Gaulish bridge of Kervon using slabs of more than 5000 years old!
In the North, the Goulet of Brest, the fort of Fraternity and the roadstead of Brest and on all the periphery of this point of marvelous forts.
In the South, the Bay of Douarnenez with coasts with the appearance of creeks and the sea of a turquoise blue.
Crozon, its wild side, its sea spray, its waves and its history
With huge beaches to discover (notably the beach of the île Vierge), some creeks, but also pretty villages of character, you will find many places to stroll and enjoy the calm during your vacations. For a quick discovery of Crozon, discover the most beautiful places of the peninsula to visit during your stay.
Less than 30 minutes away by car is the Regional Natural Park of Armorique.
To visit the surroundings of Crozon, service providers offer boat tours to take you to places that are sometimes inaccessible on foot. Do not hesitate to consult the mermaid boats, Catavoile and its catamaran tours or EIZH escapades en mer and its tours on board a motorized cruise boat of 8.50 meters. The boat can accommodate 8 passengers.